Prime Minister Trudeau: Keep your promise to help fund the East Side Road
We the undersigned residents of Canada draw the attention of the House to the following:
• THAT there are 21 communities in Manitoba that do not have all-weather road access;
• THAT the province of Manitoba has begun to extend all-weather road access through the East Side Road initiative;
• THAT this is critical to Northern and Indigenous communities because the existing winter road network is threatened by climate change;
• THAT due to climate change it is critical to accelerate the construction of all-weather road access into the affected communities.
• THAT during the election, the Prime Minister committed to funding for the East Side Road initiative.
• THAT funding for the Prime Minister’s East Side Road commitment was missing from Bill C-15—the Budget Implementation Act;
THEREFORE, we call on the Government of Canada to live up to its commitment partner with Manitoba and dedicate the necessary federal funding for the development of the East Side Road.
Add your name
Thank you for fighting for our community.